Tuesday 2 September 2014

Exterior painting

The painters continued on with the skirting and architraves today. I could see them via the internal camera. 

However, little did I know, they were also working on the exterior. Today they got the eaves, downpipes, cladding and front door painted. 

When I went past this afternoon, to my surprise, the garage door had also been installed. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that. 

It now looks more like a house. It is all coming together so beautifully and so quickly.

J gave our SS a call this afternoon to find out whether they would be replacing the aluminium strip at the front corner of the house along the cladding as it is a little bent, and to J's happiness, our SS advised we are about a month away from completion. That is the best news ever!

The painting and tiling will be completed this week, next week should see the plumbing, electrical and air conditioning fit off done, the week after I believe they will start on the tiling to the main floor area as well as carpet installation, then the Tyrells inspection will take place, followed by PCI.  Exciting!! I can hardly wait. 


Monument downpipes


Surfmist eaves and Dune lintel


Dune cladding








Dune garage door
 


 
 
 
While I was there I quickly popped in and managed to get a photo of the ensuite tiles. I was hoping to see the floor but as he had just finished grouting it today, it was covered with black plastic.  




1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck. painting exterior of the house

    ReplyDelete