Wednesday 24 September 2014

Driveway - Day 3

On the way to work this morning, my fantastic bestie, whom picked me up to take me to work, drove past the house to check out the progress of the driveway (and to check out her own house just across the road). They had the sand down and were starting to unpack the pavers. 

One thing I noticed on Tuesday once they had poured the cement is that they put down a foundation for our bricked mailbox. I was thinking that it was too close to the house. It was only a metre or so away from the front pillar whereas the neighbours's mailboxes are at least a metre closer to the kerb.  I asked J to give our SS a call and ask him if it was correct. He said it was. Interesting.... 

Later in the day when J went past, Outback had started to brick the mailbox. J asked them if it was in the correct position, and upon measuring it, realised they were one metre out from where it should be. As it happens, I am not as silly as I may look :)

J picked me up from work and we took our usual drive past the house to find our driveway and portico completed. I was concerned as to how it would look once completed, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Here are some photos.














1 comment:

  1. Wow it all looks so amazing. You did such an amazing job, especially on the flooring.

    Kitchen Benchtops

    ReplyDelete